I'm a researcher, data analyst, and full-stack web developer.
I love working with data and building websites. I do things the right way: plan carefully, design precisely, and test thoroughly. I use the right tool for the job. When I don't know it, I learn it. I love teaching others and learning from them in turn.
- Webpack, Babel, npm
- PHP, Laravel, phpunit
- SQL (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Excel, PowerQuery
- Critical thinking & quantitative problem solving
- Teaching technical concepts approachably
- Attention to detail & adaptability
Junior Research Engineer
- Contributed to the development and design of scientific thought leadership research projects in advertising.
- Full-stack web development to simulate popular apps/platforms for advertising studies.
- Designed and programmed custom consumer surveys.
- ETL of data from multiple sources: surveys, website interactions, and third-party.
- Delivered statistical analyses and business insights that influenced the advertising industry.
- Presented research findings to clients, management, and Advertising Research Foundation conventions.
Graduate Student Researcher
- Developed Python script for automated logging of data across multiple experimental systems.
- Presented original work at 2017 American Physical Society March Meeting hosted in New Orleans, LA.
- Joint author on four experimental condensed matter physics papers in Physical Review B and Physica B.
- Trained colleagues in Python programming, pressure cell use, and nuclear magnetic resonance techniques.
- Completed training at National High Magnetic Field Lab in experimental techniques and noise suppression.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Taught algebra-based, calculus-based, and computational (C++) physics to undergraduate students in a collaborative classroom environment.
- Completed training on active-engagement teaching methods in physics.
- Teaching effectiveness rated 4.5 out of 5 across 202 students.
- Sensitivity to student difficulties rated 4.6 out of 5 across 83 students.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
- Designed and implemented automatic pressure measurement device using Python, spectrometer, microcontroller, and laser.
- Calculated exact properties for a physical model of materials using Python and Mathematica.
- Presented original work at 2013 American Physical Society Far West Section hosted in Sonoma, CA.
- Graduated summa cum laude (highest honors).
- Honors thesis: Calculating Properties of the Heavy Fermions from the Anderson Model.
- Regents Scholarship recipient and Integrated Studies Honors Program member.
- Nominated for American Physical Society’s LeRoy Apker Undergraduate Achievement Award.